Alternative-pop singer-songwriter & producer Mavenne [maven] started out as a classical singer. Her vocals as a young child were favorably compared to Charlotte Church. Tragically, a childhood illness resulted in the loss of her voice at the age of 9 and it was during that time that she turned to songwriting at her keyboard, even while she underwent nine months of vocal therapy with the same speech therapist who helped restore the voice of Sound of Music star Julie Andrews. Mavenne’s voice has since flourished and she also developed a talent for producing after training with former head of A & R for Capitol Records, Loren Israel. She has won such prestigious competitions as the California Music Video Awards, The John Lennon Songwriting Contest (for Pop), The International Acoustic Music Awards (as a “Top Ten Alternative Artist” for vocal performance) & more recently has had her music featured on televisions shows as The CW's Batwoman and Riverdale. Mavenne’s music has been influenced by such power-house singers as Lana Del Rey, Marina, and Sia.
Listen to what others are saying about Mavenne:
- Mavenne is "one of the BEST SINGERS I'VE HEARD in a REALLY Long Time!" - Rick Barker, manager who launched Taylor Swift
- She might be "THE NEXT BIG THING!" - Talent judge at "The Underground" club
- "Her songs hit my heart like 'WOW'!"
- "Her voice is amazing. The world needs to hear her talent!"
- "I've never really cared for Pop music 'cause most of it is meaningless words. .. This is not that. This is honest pure songwriting at its finest. Incredible talent!"